Thursday, May 24, 2012

Solved: Azure Problem - There was no endpoint listening at that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details

OK. This little problem almost gave me a heart attack today. Thankfully, I have a strong heart.

Today I went to do an Azure deployment using Visual Studio. I have done this many times, so I anticipated my deployment going without a hitch. Boy was I wrong. You see earlier on in the day, I had a strange thing happen to me. Fiddler, which I love, crashed on my computer. I didn't think much of it at the time. However, it came back to haunt me in unexpected ways. Anyway, I tried to do the Azure deployment and I got a nice, fat error -



Error      1              Could not get the Windows Azure storage account settings for 'dc2assetsemea' needed to configure an application module. Please check your network connection and verify that the account exists. Details: There was no endpoint listening at https://blah/blah/blah/keysthat could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.                

What? What in the world was THAT about! I have NEVER seen that error before. Now let me preface the rest of this post with this - I was in a time crunch and I needed this build up and running like John Edwards and Tiger Woods need image makeovers! I tried to use Cloud Xplorer to load some UI files and guess what? Nada! OMG! I had to take a deep breath and start digging. I couldn't find much of anything for a solution on this issue using my friend Google and Microsoft didn't have anything either. I came across an obscure entry by someone on Stack Overflow who asked about Fiddler. That got me thinking about the crash I had earlier in the day. I started researching Fiddler. Well, it turns out that Fiddler can and does screw a lot of things up if it crashes before it has a chance to run its process to reset your proxy settings. You could go from sailing on the Internet to not being able to get on at all. In my case, I could still get on the Internet using Firefox, but not IE. 

I went to my Internet settings to see what was there - Control Panel / Internet Options / Connections / Lan Settings. Well, well, well. There was NOTHING checked. Fiddler had fiddled me! I changed the proxy settings to Auto Detect and then I was back in business! WhooHoo! Yeah! So there you have it. When Fiddler hands you lemons, make a 4 course meal and then change your Internet Settings back to Auto Detect (or whatever they were) so you can get on with it!

Smooches,

Kila Morton

PROBLEM:

When using Visual Studio to deploy you get the following error -
Error      1              Could not get the Windows Azure storage account settings for 'dc2assetsemea' needed to configure an application module. Please check your network connection and verify that the account exists. Details: There was no endpoint listening at https://blah/blah/blah/keysthat could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.    

SETTING:

Reset your Internet connection proxy settings.
On a Windows machine, go to Control Panel / Internet Options / Connections tab / Lan Settings and change the proxy to Auto Detect. Save everything and try your deployment again.